If you’ve seen a few ants scuttling around on the floor, they might be just having a look around. However, they might be the sign of a larger ant infestation.
Have you spotted ants?
Call Zeroharm Home Services today for advice and to schedule an ants inspection of your home.
Ant infestation signs
- Live ants – If you’re seeing large numbers of live ants then you may well have a problem. If you find them in your kitchen or in areas where you prepare food, then you need to do something about it fast.
- Ants pathways – In and out of your home or premises are another sign. Some types of ant will lay down a pheromone trail to a food source. This chemical attracts other ants to find the food.
- Ant nest – A nest site can look like a small pile of soil or dirt. Some species of ant like to make their home in walls or other quiet, dark places, which are more difficult to spot.
How to deal with an ant infestation
DIY Products, like Ant Killer Gel may help you get rid of small garden ant infestations. But for other species, or larger problems, you should get in touch with our experts.
Our Pest Control Technicians understand the habits of different types of ant and can offer the most appropriate and effective solution. All our treatments are safe for your family and your pets.
- Ants belong to the insect order Hymenoptera. They are close relatives of bees and wasps.
- Each colony can hold up to half a million ants. They can all get up and go very quickly if the colony is threatened.
- Worker ants can live for up to seven years, while a queen can live for up to 15 years.
- Ants swarm once every year in August. The young queens fly away and set up their own, new colonies. If you hear people talking about flying ants, this may be the swarm they are referring to, or they could be termite alates (winged reproductives).